The Lap-Sharp® LS-200 Sharpening System
Sharpen your tools faster, safer and better than ever!
- Achieve incredibly sharp and flat tool edges in just minutes
- Low speed operation (under 200 rpm) reduces friction heating of tools
- Foot switch activation for improved operator control
- Interchangeable 8” discs with abrasives to 1µ (Finer than "JIS" 8000 Grit)
- Wet or dry operation
- Optional accessories and abrasives packs allow you to customize your sharpening activities
- Two year manufacturer's warranty available
- Proudly made in the USA
The Lap-Sharp® LS-600VS Sharpening System
The LS-600VS is an enhanced version of the LS-200 Lap-Sharp® system for professional woodworkers. The LS-600VS incorporates a single phase power input to a controller that provides power to a US made three phase motor.
The LS-600VS includes a soft start feature, a variable speed that is adjustable from 100 to 600 rpm, and is an excellent choice for use with the Planer/Jointer option, as the higher speed more quickly sharpens long knives. The unique turntable design provides tighter flatness specifications and uses precision ground interchangeable discs.
The LS-600VS may be ordered direcly from Wood Artistry, L.L.C.
The Lap-Sharp® LS-200 Sharpening Process
Click on the video links below to watch the lapsharp in action.
1.Chisel Sharpening Process using water and dish soap as a lubricant.
2. Scraper Sharpening Process and Rolling the Burr.
3. Planing Quilted Maple with a Sharp Plane Iron.
Steps of the Lap-Sharp® LS-200 Sharpening Process
Step 1: Choose abrasive disc
(120µ to 10µ)
Step 2: Flatten the back
Step 3: Sharpen bevel (shown using tool guide bar assembly)